Business Development Manager
Sales: New Business Development
- Unhappy at work & Looking for a Way Out?
- Under-appreciated for your efforts & results?
- Tired of your boss’s lack of direction and support?
- Looking to “Re-start” your sales career due to Covid?
This is a real Business Development position “hunting” new business with NO “Servicing Accounts.”
We are looking for someone very special for our sales team. It is a position that’s not for everyone. Here is what we are looking for:
- Experienced in sales, ideally, with at least 3 years in New Business Development (hunting) in Hospitality segments (catering, hotel space, food, food supplies, event co-ordination and rentals etc.) Why? Because you know what it takes!
- Skilled and have the ability to prospect daily; ability to handle rejection; no call reluctance; superior listening skills; good attention to details; ability to call on various decision makers and establish relationships; possess above average time management skills and an entrepreneurial (not stuffy corporate) attitude along with a sense of urgency!
- Aggressive, can keep making those extra calls because you are motivated & you want a position where you can be rewarded for your results.
- Experienced selling products or services in a shorter cycle (4-8 weeks) where you are NOT the cheapest, but you are successful selling and demonstrating value.
- Trainable and coachable and willing to commit to becoming better in your skills while improving in your results.
- A self-starter, someone with grit, tenacity, goals and committed to doing “what it takes” to be successful in sales.
- A people person and your glass is usually half full, and you really love to sell. If this describes you, you will truly want to investigate and apply to our position at Catering Sensation.
- If you’re searching for a solid, stable, and profitable company that is small enough to know and appreciate who you are and big enough to compete with any competitor, we should talk!
Catering Sensation ( www.catering-sensation.com) a professional full-service catering & event company. We are dedicated to innovative, environmentally friendly, fresh, healthy and most of all, delicious flavors of the culinary world! We have over 75 years of combined kitchen and catering experience among our staff
We consistently provide exceptional service, sensational cuisine with a distinguished presentation. Our strength lies in preparing our traditional recipes for our clients. Our culinary creativity and friendly service keeps them coming back to us.
Our culture is all about offering a professional yet flexible and friendly work environment. We provide a positive environment for executing exciting events and providing amazing meals for our clients. We are fun, hardworking, positive, and perpetual learners in and outside our craft. We are focused on complete client and employee satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- You will undergo a comprehensive training program that will build your knowledge in our business including selling strategies and tactics and translating our value -added personal service which makes us different & unique.
- The candidate we are looking to hire must excel at finding new opportunities and closing business in a competitive market where we do not sell on price, but translate the value, experience, service, and the superior taste & quality of our food.
- You will be prospecting daily, including, cold calling by phone & in person.
- You be finding new opportunities, building rapport, gaining trust, and managing all the steps in a 4–8-week sales cycle to qualify & close business.
- You will also follow up on leads we generate to quickly respond and develop “next steps.”
- Developing and utilizing sales plans and campaigns to generate interest, referrals, and new opportunities.
- Capture data, contact information and opportunities in our CRM daily.
- Utilize Office applications for prospect communication and nurturing.
- Communicate internally with all appropriate staff in a professional and respectful manner, keeping them informed about customer events, requirements, and requests.
- Achieve stated activity and sales goals.
Catered lunch each day
Daily access to snacks and beverages
New item taste testing
Office celebrations, celebrate successes, birthday/other
Unplanned happy hours | Team building
A career Path.
On-going Professional Training & Development
1) Submit your resume and a cover letter sharing your story and how you are a fit for the position.
2) Within 3 business days of applying, you will be sent a link to complete an online sales assessment (similar to what you have probably done in the past.)
3) No candidate will be considered without completing the assessment.